Hello Alex,

The analogy and illustration is simply brilliant.

I have photoread more than 50 books so far. Attempted activation with more than 30. These are 5 books I was working recently with-
1. Pranic Healing-Choa kok Sui - To understand Pranic healing and its methods so that I can incorporate them in my life for better health.

2. Polity- To understand and remember the meaning and scope of political science and its evolution and be able to write a brief summary on each chapter.

3. What Einstein told his barber- Robert L Wolke- To find answers to the questions discussed and be able to explain someone if needed.

4. Public Administration in a globalising world- To know about the public administration policies and practices in various countries discussed in the book, and be able to produce them.

5. The sharper mind- Fred B. C.- To know about the mental games Author has discussed about, just for curiosity.

In addition to the main purpose, I also turn headings, subheadings and trigger words into questions.

I am getting better at articulation. When I first read 'PhotoReading WMS' book, my purpose was to make use of this system to improve my reading with comprehension, memory and speed. I previewed the book, also came across the diagram that explained Author's train of thoughts. I started with testimonials to know what this system can do for me, then read a quick preview of the entire system. It wasnt enough for me to believe it. So I read about Paul and how he produced the system. Its then I went reading till the end of the book.

Believe me, had I followed Author's train of thoughts at the beginning, I would have ended not believing the system. The testimonials, all those examples of success and the explanation about derivation of this phenomenon were very very essential.

I dont superread. I only skitter and find it more promising because it offers more and slower conscious exposure of the text. Even though, I have to speed up to meet the timer. This affects comprehension. And when comprehension gets affected, I find myself yawning amidst activation. This makes the entire process tedius and boring even after a sound purpose and focus.

Quote:
Activated to a point where I could write a similar book as I have just read

This is how I define success with photoreading! In addition to this, Being able to answer any question using more than 50% vocabulary from the book.
And the failure is, knowing merely the structure of the book and not making sure if the Author has more to offer us beyond our mind probing questions.

It takes years of consistent Photoreading to attain this level, but how can you produce a similar book having attended only 4-11% words is still beyond my understanding.

Thank you

Stweet