Usually once someone gets it they just go about using it. Not so much bragging about their success. I think they probably have the good intention of coming back and posting, and then this happened and I just knew I got it. We don't really study how we broke through in something that challenged us.

Although if you want success... go back to 2002 on the forum end of march when I signed up. AlexK. I know I seemed to "get" it easily, and I've witnessed quite a few others getting it.

I've also seen some holding the gem of success in their grasp, dismissing it because they couldn't see that they had what was needed to make the next great leap.

That's why I tell my students, take what you got, don't dismiss it, don't judge it, build on it. Go and do another activation layer and another.

I did an experiment. Posted on the forum a couple of times. With a difficult subject, in a second language, to take myself back to being a beginner and what I discovered, is in the first activation I felt I got nothing but I wrote something on my mind map. That I chose to acknowledge was something although not much to say I was getting the book. It wasn't until the 3rd activation layer that I started seeing the book come together and that I was in fact relating to it. By the end of the last activation I knew I was finished. I wasn't sure I would be finished at the next one at the end of the 5th but by the end of the 6th I was finished. Actual time with the book was 2 hours. The time I set aside was 3 hours. I included breaks and wanted to finish the book in a 3 hour sitting. Traditionally it would have taken me 21 hours (if I actually read a book that long I never finished one of that type, it took me 2 hours to get through the first chapter.)

There I learned the importance of giving it enough activation layers. Most give up in the first three and yet it might be the 4th where the first books, we learn the system on our own, come together. And the fun? It gets even better.

Alex