Right, semantics. I understand what photoreading is. It is funny how people are ready to pounce and nitpick. I am getting feed back from people who already have it down; who have not mentioned anything about how they got there. And yes, Alex did, but like you said, that is just one person and we don't all learn the same way.

Would you hire a plumber without getting some feedback from other people? Better yet, would you take a skills class without knowing it is possible to achieve and what some of the struggles are to get there?

I have read in your other posts, you always say the same, that that the majority of people who don't get it, don't have a purpose. Well, guess what? I had a purpose, but was told it was not good enough. Then I looked at purposes offered up on this forum and they were not much more specific that my purpose was. I got the whole, you have to have a purpose that will generate emotion. Been there, done that. I also went through, as was suggested elsewhere, and developed questions from the index and other areas of the book.

Did I have a desire to learn the material in the book, YES. I also have a desire to learn photoreading. I bought the book several years back and really wanted it to work then and still have not been able to get it to work.

I am sorry, I am an analytical thinker. It helps me to learn from other people's mistakes and successes. If that is too much to ask for, then maybe it doesn't really work as there is no one who can articulate their experiences.

Your statement of, "you need to have your own experience" makes no sense to me if I don't know how to get there in the first place. It sounds like the old Chinese philosophers who answer a question with a question or some vague answer, and somehow expect the student to figure it out.

I already know that people learn differently; however, at some point, there may be someone with a similar background and similar personality, that just might be close enough for me to get something from their experiences.

Photread4me, you have posted a lot of good information in the past. I have ready many of your posts. However, the stuff you posted above just sounds like avoidance. I want to learn. I want clear instructions, but I keep getting philosophy. That is very frustrating.

Alex has also posted a lot of good posts, but then I see the same things in many of her posts as well. She will compare things like tying your shoes or other everyday tasks. The difference is, those have a specific set of tasks to achieve to be successful that EVERYONE can do the same thing to get it.

Photoreading does not seem to be that straight forward.

Thanks,

Neal