Quote:
Exactly. You didn't always have an interest and unless you built a curiosity or had a "what's in it for me?" interest in the subject one would fail. If you aren't interested in the subject, you need to find one or you're not going to pass the class.

I had to take history classes but I never really developed any curiosity. I scraped by because it was a requirement. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I took those classes now that I look back, but at the time I had NO desire to take those classes. I didn't fail, I just didn't do as well as I should have.

Quote:
If you go to uni - you signed up for it. If you don't have an interest in it why sign up? It's tied up with your purpose.

That is funny. I like how lump things together. I went to a university and signed up for a specific subject, so somehow I must have had some desire for all the subjects I had to take. No, I don't agree with that. To get a degree, you can't just take the courses you want, you have to take a wide range of subjects, even those you don't like.

I don't think your purpose has to be a curiosity. I think it is more, I have to get through this, so my purpose is to learn more at this level so I can move on to the next level. I don't find this level interesting, but I still have to go through it.

When I learned programming, in pretty much every class I took, they had to give a history, which I found boring, but I still had to endure it as part of the overall class.

Quote:
That is because of your purpose. You had an interest. Even if part wasn't interesting, you still had a investment of interest and curiosity.

I think you and I have two different meanings of interest. To me, it means I have a desire to learn about it. But be that as it may, I think we are heading down the same street, but one is on one side and the other is on the other side and we each see the same things a bit different.

Thanks again,

Neal