neal
activate chapterwise until u get it---Dont number the passes ,just do it!!!
in my experience you will be frustrated initially.You will feel ,"hey i could have just read through".
The real benefit is long term by doing so,you will get good at structuring information ,to find information ,where it is placed,very quickly and easily.So that is the kind of compression of time we are looking at here.
As you do more and more you will start picking up words or a phrase from your super reading that explains a para or is the essence of the paras you read or the entire page in itself,you will recognize that a few pages are not necessary or superfluous to your purpose.You will have conflicts with this also ,you will ask yourself am i just being good at recognition only,then on with further experience you will realize that is really what is required.

Once you start doing that you will get better at asking better questions and then get good at assimilating information.

That has been my experience.I have challenged myself in many different ways.mainly because i had nothing else to hang on to .i have tried so many other methods of reading fast but it was
useless in different set up and with different books.

After you do one you will feel, "oh my once again,do all these rituals" ,but once when you do enough of these it kind of gets automatic!!!

Reading is still the toughest habit to master and that's why so few in the world read!!

With PRWMS u have a chance to condition yourself to read more easily ----so don't give up.

compare it this way.If there is one information from the book that i have read that is really useful to me ,Have i got it?if yes then you have succeeded.Linear reading seems to give us that but sincerely probe yourself could you structure information the same way and get the information so quickly?i doubt it.Cause i have done both on books.I find that be linear reading i am almost in flow with the authors presentation but at the end of it like i cant explain the structure and the ideas and the principles and the strategies in the book.its great with PRWMS .
Let me explain:
One up wall street
Peter Lynch
What is he telling us here
one is the basic thing before investing.That is before investing the mirror test---do you own a house?
second is grouping firms in an industry into 6 types
third when to invest and what parameters to look for when investing in these companies
Fourth when can we get out of these companies
Some of the important financial parameters and what Lynch studies them for ,what he derives out of this information.

Now barring these there are millions of other things in the book.
(by the way if you are interested in this book i urge you to read so that you understand that i am giving you the very essence of what Lynch discusses in the book,that way it will motivate you to try further.I also assume you may already be a better reader than me ,but what i want to share is that this is where i am as on day and this for me personally is a measure from where i was a ciouple of years back.I have grown as a reader!!!)

But if i discuss the above ideas with you would you agree that i have had a fair comprehension of what Lynch has discussed.
Would you agree that thats how he has arranged his book and then added and built on his book?
Supposedly so.

So thats what i did when i activated the book.Those were my mind probes and thats how i activated the book.

it took me roughly 2 hrs.

Now its a small book 288 pages.

Maybe i took more time. But my confidence is much more compared to linear reading.
Also this book for me is kind of a referral in the future.When i work on my investment plans i will keep going back to the book to further hone up my skills on stock selection.My mindprobes will be more specific.Do you think with such an understanding my activation during the time of need will be faster or slower.Compare me with a linear reader(in my case ---my old self) i would have to read this book again ,i would have to relook into so many things study it again structure it again ,really enquire into so many aspects again.With PRWMS its already in place.

Now compare the time taken by linear reading and PRWMS which has compressed time !!!So thats what i have been meaning in saying "application takes lesser time" isnt that fast isnt that real speed.Thats what one should look for in reading and activation?what use? what purpose?

2.Let me ask you if i had say read it linearly ,whether i would have been able to understand and structure information so specifically until i had come to the end of the book.In my experience it depends.There are good readers who do this with all the books they read.In fact these good readers will find PRWMS more difficult.I discussed PRWMS with my brother who has been a great reader since childhood.He has a simple strategy in mind when he reads a book he says all author has one important idea to discuss and one important thing to say my idea is to find that one answwer.He has never tried PRWMS but i said to myself "Brilliant Strategy" no wonder he is not stressed abotu reading for him reaing is fun ---he is looking for one idea or ione answer.All geat readers do that.With novels and stroeis they ask themselves what is the main idea which the story is based on?

I think Paul Scheele has beeen smart he has studied the entire reading masters and the rituals they follow and has devised a foolproof system for our use.

We can be good at structuring without PRWMS with some books especially if we have prior knowledge and have been used to such reading material.But to get that kind of structure one has to be very skilled reader.He must have had a method to study and structure information for a long time.

That is what PRWMS offers us.A structure to get more out of a book long term and at the same time instantly!!!

Linearly the time to read may be more or less
but overall the time to take away or recognise where the information falls into is very less.

The first thing i read in my text book on marketing is the fundamental difference between sales and marketing.

Now i see where most of the public sectors in my country is going haywire,they have not decided their market.Now how could i get it so easily ,cause thats how i activated the text book.I asked myself what is marketing all about and sales all about.What is the most basic principle difference between sales and marketing.marketing was find a need and building a product to satiate that need where as sales was selling what we have produced knowing not whether it is required or not?interesting but 100s of company forget to do this when they start.I read this definition 2 years back and i am giving it to you on the go as i type it here.For me this was possible because of PRWMS.i credit LSC for this Thats why i keep coming to the forum to give my views i have no other vested interest!!!

So thats what we are looking for to get good at.Asking questions and finding answers .But it will be more frustrating if we dont have purpose to activate.For me since i wanted an MBA the purpose was more or less there,but in real life we need to decide the areas we need to focus on and then find the books and activate them.

Hope this helps!!!!