I dont agree on this view .4 to 11 percent makes perfect sense.Finding 4 to 11 percent of the text that really carries meaning of the text,the para and the book makes real sense.Its about extracting the essence of what is being said.
For example in the book one up wall street---in a chapter called "Is it gambling or what? there is a sub heading called "The Stocks Rebut" its 1 1/2 page long and the author wants to communicate that stocks have outperformed corporate bonds,govt bonds and treasury bills ---period.
Now isn't this 1 sentence a good pivot point of the entire text.If i say that in my conversation with another investor isn't it good communication.
Whats wrong with that.Its 4 to 11 % of the page?
Why does one have to read the entire page if that's what is the only thing the entire page about?
What Paul wants us to understand is relevance and irrelevance of the content of the text .i have a purpose to "Find metrics to pick stocks so as to successfully invest in the stock market" how relevant is this sentence for me.I am already convinced that i must invest in stocks so why do i need futher convincing.So why waste time on so much of text.Out of 288 pags of the text i have found that 40 pages are worth my purpose.By photoreading and with a purpose and super reading i am able to condense my time to find relevance and irrelevance of the text?whats wrong with that?i find it useful.Why speed read the entire thing and get away with a vague feeling of having read and understood it.More ,with PRWMS i have even grouped information and its easier to determine to understand relevance and irrelevance to ones purpose --that's where mind maps help .You may not want to add anything to the branch cause you are not motivated to add anything as its not relevant.
Now what we don't fathom is that why we need to photoread?What is proposed by LSC is that by photoreading the entire book is already available to our other than conscious mind.And we need to find triggers to unleash the whole text to our conscious awareness.
Now let me clarify my stand so that i am not a spokesman for LSC ,as i dont own the product,i dont claim to know the science behind " how this works "and "i will not say or claim that this is how it works" thats LSC's job.I am only trying to help people to try cause i have been enjoying learning this way fro the last 2 to 3 years and mind you i have struggled a lot too.I am here to help people shorten the struggle where i did not lay emphasis on ,so by doing that people may get it earlier and quicker than when i got it!!!

I have probed further and many times even i have been skeptical and then i have regular read the entire text and found out the relevance and irrelevance of the text.And what helped me to determine relevance and irrelevance was "Purpose".
Yes a book can get condensed to 4 to 5 pages i dont see whats wrong with that?
Forget photoreading after many days of studies in our school days havent we made summary or revision sheets of our textbooks and been able to score?We have been able to do that.

And as far as i know no one in the forum has made fun on regular reading.Speed reading yes!!! but not regular reading!!!

Poems for example what use is Photoreading here?

But photoreaders may want to photoread the entire book on poems and then regular read the poems fro getting more connected.

The mystery behind reading is how and when do we really "Get it"when do we learn ?what time do we understand?Learning is physical ,you get the stuff and you know how to use it ,you get the story and you can explain it

The closing affirmation of photoreading
I acknowledge the information i have received from this text
I release the information for my body and my mind to process
I am curious to know how my mind and body will make this information available to me

Isn't that fascinating.
Isn't the affirmation powerful
if you realise how it is designed i think it is!!!!
That's exactly how learning happens.You embody the information if not you have to revise it again once you own it once its working knowledge rarely you need to go back to your texts.Thats my experience.Many times its the state we are in we forget ,suppose i am running a fever i tend to forget simple things but when i am on a roll i tend to remember i dont need the text.i have understood it totally and its mine to use!!!I never had this before PRWMS,earlier i had to revise it ,and many times after a gap of say 2 or 3 years i had better understanding of some texts with PRWMS i feel i have already at the best point at which the author has designed the text.

You cant discard PRWMS cause it asks you to get specific neither is regular reading discarded.

Getting a purpose is the game .Sometimes i sharpen my purpose after 3 to 4 super reads of the book.I am able to decide what i really want.From general to specifics .Whats wrong with that?

And if i am specific any tool will help me get there.Super read and skitter are just tools.