I have activated so many text books in finance too.
i am right now working on Ross and westerfield and i am using the same concepts of 4 to 11 % .I have read 2 books of College finance by Nagarathnam and one more reffered to orrissa university.4 to 11 % works fine(i dont remember the author right now ).
4 to 11 % doesnt change the way you have mentioned it changes only with the purpose.Thats why i said i will work when i want to with the book when i want to again ,it is only faster the next time.Cause i know where the information lies.And if you have changed the purpose ,then you have a different goal.
Yes Summary is the essence of what we have read ,what do you remember after reading the entire book or workable summary.Other than high school exams i dont know of any place where in they test us for our memory by Rote.No one in the world wants us to know information verbatim.Its what the information all about that is important.
We are always tested for knowledge.Even competitive exams.
I have read and activated 21 text books and an additional 5 for getting my MBA certificates so whats great about that.I understood that in a chapter this is what i want and i prepared to get that .
I am also activating Resnick and Halliday and revising my knowledge in Thermodynamics.It contains lot of maths so its a different ball game.I have mentioned in the earlier post i am working my skills on maths using Khan Academy.
I have admitted that i could not understand Black Swan in its entirety cause i dont have background knowledge in probability and statistics.

I have told you before i did not use PRWMS for CAT.So reading comprehension and other exams require a different skill set.They test you on different scale.They test you on inferential knowledge,interpretation and much more.These paragraphs run for a page or 2 so for these exams why wold one photoread and super read and dip .You can work onthem and see for your self.You can use them and build an immediate idea on what is said go back to the questions and reread the text and answer the questions.

Thats why i said reading in adult life is a different ball game.You do it with a purpose.

At school so much is thrown at you how much do you use them in real life?

You yourself have listed a wide range of books from biochemistry to geography to administration to travel

why would i need them sister?

I may use the travelogues to get an idea about a place but the web is richer with images and other contents why waste money on the "Lonely Planet"

Today we have enough support from different mediums taht we need to be careful as to how to learn and for the rest for me i prefer PRWMS.

In fact for the subject i mentioned above on Thermodynamics there is a you tube lecture from professor from IIT .So i get access to his rich teaching by viewing rather than reading.

Why will i waste time on readign .i can use the book to photoread and view stuff on you tube to activate ---Richer experience!!!!!

I have infront of me Hindhus yearly survey of Indian industry.
So i am going to photo read and group information the way i want it.
I am in refining ,i am increasing my knowledge in petrochemicals Reading a textbook on Bhaskar Rao

What else?

Speed was never my concern?Purpose is!!

And i dont want to know it all and know it all fro what ,start one more wikipedia???