Thanks Alex. I'm sure it must get tiresome trying to explain these concepts over and over. I had a couple of insights last night after I posted...

1. I have been practicing qigong on and off for several years. Is it possible that I am making this feeling exercise harder for myself than I should be? Meaning that my mind is taking material that is written for beginners and convincing me that I don't understand it either. Or is this something completely different than being aware of your qi?

2. I am also very familiar with various occult/magical disciplines in which the first step is often gaining control of your body by remaining absolutely motionless while sitting. Holding the asanas/postures of hatha yoga is another example. While doing this, different thoughts, emotions, and energies often run through the mind/body and they usually have to be accepted in order to retain your mental/physical "poise".

Once again I am curious as to whether or not this ABF "feeling" exercise is something that I am already familiar with from a different perspective.

Thanks,
Craig