iamthefox,

Photoreading is selective reading, you dont need everything of a book. And only 4-11% words carry meaning that will satisfy your purpose. so, in one activation layer, you will cover those 11% words once, wherever they are located. that is why you also dont need to super read every page. super read the page you feel where your questions can most likely be answered. listen to your hunches. after photoreading you will feel where to go and search for your answer. spend 20 minutes max for one activation layer.

i am activating my textbooks now and they take a long time than other books. for other books, i find them very easy after photoreading. it is as if i know this information from very long and i am just re discovering it. it is fun. sometimes i dont even super read for activation. i start mindmaps and the informations comes automatically with well organized manner! amazing.
so, dont worry about how long you super read, you may get very nice results even if you rapid read through the books. you have to try for many many times to know what is working for you and what is not working for you. after learning photoreading, i may have discarded hundreads of books just after preview than what i activated so far...