I have done a small addition to the photoreading step, while activating books chapter-wise.

I have done on
1. Accounting Standards (each Accounting Standard = each chapter)
2. Auditing Standards (Each section of Auditing Standards = Each chapter)
3. Excise Laws : Chapter wise.

What I do is that, I spend an hour with all the subjects. I do a blip-page reading. Then then before activating, I do a preview of previous chapter, upto to the current chapter. Then I do a supper reading and dipping of the following chapters. Then I activate the current chapter I am doing.
This sneak-peek helps in getting a sense, of what I need to read from the current chapter. While the current activation, I tend to write notes, summary and mind-map. Which means I am satisfied with the current chapter.

While previewing, I either go by the text book or use my notes. Usually it is my notes.

Once I have done spending the allocated time, I plan if I would need an extra activation session or not.

So I will write down a subjective application of the above system.

Accounts :
Each Accounting standard is some-what related to the other. Hence at time, when I don't understand something in the given chapter, on which I ponder a lot. After which when I embark upon other chapter, I usually get the meaning of it, with reference to previous chapter.

So before activating the planned chapter, I do a activation session of chapter ahead. So by doing this, the day I plan the next chapter activation I am half-way through it, and rest is joining the remaining pieces of the puzzle.

Auditing:

Auditing had no fixed chapter. So I decide what I would call as a single activation session. Here I do the same.

Excise Law:
Here the introductory chapter sets the stage for the other chapters. Because in law, objectively interpreting different case-study with the reference of laws, clauses, provisions etc is the key to clear the exam.

Hence not knowing the actual section heading or subheading is acceptable. But writing the wrong one, will attack adversely to what ever justice I have done to answer the question.

Knowing and keeping this, in mind, while going forward in other chapters for a sneak-peek, lets me know that the current chapter does have such laws and rules which are just essential, and has multiple reference.

The reason of doing this:

I usually get stuck at some chapters as I am not able to cope up with the certain terms, or concepts or etc. As it is learning something means adding layer upon layer of things. At times I really find the momentum in photoreading, such chapters tend to destroy my equilibrium, hence before going in the chapter, just to super-read and dip few chapters ahead.

Let me know if you are planning to try this? Or share your trick to photoread & activate chapters-wise.

Last edited by cooldubai; 03/10/15 10:11 AM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar