Activate in Layers work in 20 minute blocks (some will go 30 and I recommend no longer) So while a book of 500 pages might take "14" minutes, if you only spent 16 second superreading each page. Your purpose and amount of dipping will actually

Superreading is running your eye down the center of the page, it's not even skimming. You're looking for places to dip. 16 seconds I the fastest a beginner can handle running their eyes down the centre of the page.

You choose where you start activating depending on your purpose.

Superread to find where to dip. While dipping you'll rhythmically peruse a few words and then go back to superreading. In a textbook you might find a larger section to peruse use skittering for that.

See the playbook for more tips on superreading and dipping and skittering.

Never sit activating more than 30 minutes without taking a 5 minute break to regroup, refresh and check your purpose.

iamthefox, I think you're confusing Rapid Reading with Superreading. No you don't superread every page. You superread the pages you want to activate, there is a difference.

Rapid Reading is the only technique that is similar to traditional reading. You start at the beginning end at the end. And use any and your choice of activation techniques between those two points.

Alex