I am relatively new to photoreading but I am now sort of very confused. Well, to start with, your post stated-"regular reading is not recommended because it will be a waste of time!!? But what about comprehension? Okay if I have relatively lot of time to explore books, then!?
I finished 29th novel yesterday all I read word for word after photoreading them. Never at any moment I felt any familiarity with any of the novel. If they have been in my memory, then why dont they showing any sign of recognition!?
This is my confusion than a question.

I had also been trying to activate novels the way I activated other self help books and found I am getting almost no comprehension whatsoever and nothing was making any sense unless I start from the beginning and read linearly till the end.

Passing exams need a lot of study Alex. I am not a very sharp guy at studies. I respect your posts but they also confuse me at times. At one post you said one doesnt need to know everything. Well, what if when we dont know what will we be served in the question paper?
My class teacher doesnt know photoreading. She starts from the page one of chapter one and teaches all the way till the end of the book till the end of the semester. She has a reason for doing so. She does it because she knows everything is important in the books. There are questions asked from every part of the book, be it first line or the last line of the book. Not everything can be asked in one question papers, but what if there are multiple question papers on the same subject? Thats why we need to study everything.

And I also remember Paul mensions somewhere that rapid reading is a activation techniquw. It may seem like the regular reading but the comprehension it gives you is beyond the regular reading without photoreading. I swear I read this somewhere! May be that I did not understand what he meant by rapid reading, but I must mension that it doesnt work. Atleast hasnt started working in my case.

I am writing this because I am very confused. My reading needs are huge and my textbooks are really dense. I am looking for an edge over studies so that I get into a good university. I have friends that study by regular reading and they manage to study for 10 hours each day. I can not do that, but I was willing to invest in smarter reading techniques to get over my inability to study for very long hours.
But now I am not seeing very good results. When you suggested, I also increased number of activation passes, but I still am not getting much... the book piles are really big, I wonder how I am going to deal with all that with this current pace of activation.

Seriously speaking I have not found very convincing results with novels and textbooks. The books I got nice results are actually easy on brains. With novels and textbooks I photoread them daily, affirm my purpose daily and activate in many many passes till my daily quota of study doesnt get complete. But you know, information I gather doesnt make any sense.

Photoreading worked very nice on books that were not hard. But now I have tougher books, it doesnt seem to be working... it feels like your best friend leaves you when you need him the most.
I am very nervous.
Sorry for very long post Alex.

Last edited by Cosmo; 03/12/15 09:08 PM.