Hahahaahaa!! I had the same experience. Was looking for some tools to assist me get through my boring huge pile of textbooks. Some speed reading and accelerated learning books got me to photoreading. I was convinced with the idea of faster and effortless learning, but again i had a look on the LS website, and the Presense of 'feng shui, numerology, aura seeing had me bitterly disappointed and confused. Photoreading also has a very bad reputation on amazon, yahoo and many other websites that are not into selling you the course. I also am not smart enough to understand why this isnt taught in schools and at learning centres.

I still convinced my mom to buy me this because this seemed to be a hypnosis alike thing to me. I have seen the power of hypnosis and believe we absorb the information faster and effectively through auditory channels or through vision once we are in hypno states.

I have been using the course now for a few months. There are mixed results though.. first, I found the system not working from day one once you learn it, as it is promised. I think it takes huge practice to get it to work. You need to be hopeful and consistent at something to get the results.

You can start with the book. You will get all the idea about photoreading and how it works from the book alone. It shouldnt be tough for you as you had some experiences on the same line.