Placing the einsteins to important paragraphs is how photoreading works? There are many reading goals, example, reading to analyse, reading to remember, read to absorb most of the content and not just a few things.. and thus for textbooks this wouldnt be of any use!
The same is true with mind maps. It is used as a note taking tool and it need not assist in long term memory.

I have been using the system for a few months now but have not been able to get much of out the system. I dont understand why I get the same results with or without the photoreading step. On every book these days, I apply photoreading, I comprehend nothing out of those 30 minutes multiple passes and then I resort to regular read. And to compare, the comprehension from regular reading is unmatched!
I have also been playing with the dictionary game, and now I wonder if anyone has had it working for them.

It is adviced to keep applying activation layers untill it gels, well, with the initial two passes and no comprehension, the level of frustration is so high, one can hardly feel like moving ahead.. I know how much courage and patience it takes to move ahead.

So how does photoreading help me? By keeping my hopes to get it SOMEDAY and I consume my textbooks with ease n surpass my classmates!