The experiment I did was to throw me back into the beginner mindset. I had never successfully completed a non-fiction book in German. So in fact I went even further back. Because my comprehension was lacking even with traditional reading.

And yes I felt all the apprehensions associated with, does this work? Did PhotoReading work for me only because I am a good reader of English text?

What I knew for sure is I'm going to have to do more to see PhotoReading work in the German text than I do with English text. And I recorded it along with my apprehensions.

You're assuring me that the mindset, that this does work and will work is what made it work for me in the German text.

What about your mindset. How long are you going to stay in it that it doesn't work for you?

My experiment demonstrated the steps and work I had to do to get the book to gel. As a raw beginner in text of that language.

You're looking for what you're doing wrong. Look to what is working and build on that.

If you keep looking for that which is wrong you will find things that you think you're doing wrong, even make what you're doing right a wrong.

Alex