Quote:
Experience so far is not quite satisfying. What irks me is, how to form questions from a paragraph you are not aware about and seek answers from it!?
ex.. I find a term interesting as per my purpose- 'structures' . Now, there I can form a huge number of questions from this single word that suits to my purpose. eg- what kind of structures are mentioned?
My guess is you didn't find one. how are they related to the main argument? what has structures to do with exploitation? The single word has me thinking for so many questions... and this is mere an example. [/quote]

Aside from not knowing the title of the book and your purpose. Your questions bear no relationship to each other so they don't make sense to me.

I Keep Six Honest... by Rudyard Kipling
I keep six honest serving-men
(They taught me all I knew);
Their names are What and Why and When
And How and Where and Who.

Also known as the precision questions.

Quote:
what kind of structures are mentioned?

Why skip, Where are they mentioned, When are they related to my purpose, Who do they affect. How can I apply structures, when is it even relevant to my purpose?

Quote:
how are they related to the main argument?
Actually, have 'I' already identified the main argument? If so my question would be more relevant than using the expression "main argument"

Quote:
what has structures to do with exploitation?

Didn't find it? Then consider using one of the other six, when do structures have anything to do with exploitation? Or Where do structures have anything to do with Exploitation.

What is the last question from I'm inclined to use. What is when looking for specifics; dates, numbers, quotes, short phrases.

What is singular, that means the answer is usually one word. Or brief. If you want more details ask a better question. And I notice you only asked each question in one form.

Reread the PhotoReading book for the authors train of thoughts. There are usually 4 things to look for while reading.

You only need one or two questions to get started more come as you activate with your purpose in mind.

I keep saying if you have 3 questions to start you have enough don't ask more. You block your flexibility in communicating with the author when you created a long list of questions. Stay open. Like I said there are usually 4 things you're looking for when reading. And in case you missed it. Read the section on authors train of thoughts in the PhotoReading book.

Alex