How much time are you spending postviewing? The whole point of postviewing is to discover what is relevant, where you can start activating and what questions you have for the author in relation to what you have seen.

Quote:
When I start with 3-4 questions, I saw I miss things. I miss Almost 80 percent of the other things.

No you haven't, you've seen what you need to activate next. You haven't missed it. It's still there.

Stop Copying TOC. After previewing don't look at the TOC again until you start activating. It's not necessary to see the TOC again during postviewing. Postviewing is where you decide where you are going to start and what you're going to start on.

If you don't have a question and you start skittering the paragraph I doubt it makes sense. Read, For Meaning. That means if you have a question in mind the words are going to have some sort of meaning as related to the first sentence of a paragraph.

For the most part skittering is only useful in technical books or academically written books. If the book is written in 'sound bites' there's little point in calling it skittering when you read the first and only sentence of each paragraph. (Sound Bites = each paragraph is one sentence long. If you're lucky it has 3)

Alex