Okay. But is it really essential to ask everything everytime why I need it? Because, my most probable answer to this question would be- to know it to pass the tests..

Here is how I am working on it right now-

purpose- to understand and remember the plant tissue system so I can perform well on the topic in tests.

topic- organisation of plant body

heading- ground tissues

subheading- Sclerenchyma

The passage-
Sclerenchyma cells have tough, thick walls; they usually lack living protoplasts when they are mature. Their secondary cell walls are often impregnated with lignin, a highly branched polymer that makes cell walls more rigid. Cell walls containing lignin are said to be lignified.
Lignin is common in the walls of plant cells that have a supporting or mechanical function. Some kinds of cells have lignin de-posited in primary as well as secondary cell walls.There are two types of sclerenchyma: fibers and sclereids.Fibers are long, slender cells that are usually grouped to-gether in strands. Linen, for example, is woven from strands of sclerenchyma fibers that occur in the phloem of flax.
Sclereids are variable in shape but often branched. They may occur singly or in groups; they are not elongated, but may have various forms, including that of a star.
The gritty texture of a pear is caused by groups of sclereids that occur throughout the soft flesh of the fruit. Both of these tough, thick-walled cell types serve to strengthen the tissues in which they occur.

the type of questions I am usually asked in exam-

1. Describe any one of the ground tissues in detail.
2. Write a note on sclerenchyma cells.
3. Describe two types of sclerenchyma in brief.

so my mind probing questions -
1. why would I need to study sclerenchyma cells?
- to understand and be able to write well in exam

2. Where will I find the description and function of these cells?

3. what is the description and function?

Etc..

Is this how I should do it?

All what, where, why, when, how would form way too many questions for each paragraph, wouldnt they?
and, if these three questions are for sclerenchyma, there would again be many more for parenchyma, collenchyma, other headings, other topics, and other subjects..!! so technically, I need to dip into everything.

Thanks.