If you could form the questions yourself you'd have perfected the PhotoReading system for yourself.

If you're getting bogged down it means you're activating too long and forgot your purpose.

Yes, Win Wenger did that at the PhotoReading Retreat. He used the system following the 5 steps as taught in the course.

You'll notice that Win has a purpose. That's why he's proficient. And he did a lot of freenoting. It's an interesting technique and I do find myself doing a condensed version of it while activating some books. I have a stack of notebooks which I start freenoting in during activation. My purpose isn't to just learn what others have to say and be able to parrot it back. I'm not tested on the information. It's personal research so freenoting is an exploration of my own thoughts.

If you're going to try freenoting you'll have to PhotoRead the book and then start writing on the topic without postviewing. Write about 10 pages which for most people will be 60 minutes of fast writing. That's one reason most won't use free-noting. You also need to throw away the first 4 pages.

Image streaming after PhotoReading before postviewing is interesting again. Though you need to remember that image streams are metaphorical and it's difficult to recognise the relationship to the book. It works better if you've already learned to decode the images.

You're struggling because you continue to go over the first step of the system too lightly and not sticking to the times you intended for activation.

If you've done the home study course. Then you would have done at least 1 book of your own before turning to your school work.

I keep repeating this a lot. Do Not attempt to learn the system on school work. Work on books using the 5 day test on subject not related to school-work until you're experience that gelling with a couple of books.

Also if you're working on textbooks stop trying to rush it. Textbooks normally take 26 to 100 hours of reading using traditional reading. You're not going to be finished with a textbook in 20 minutes.

That's another reason to do the 5 day test on other books first. You learn to chunk your reading. The 5 day test is done on books of about 200 pages.

Alex