This purpose helped him to find where to dip. What pages of the book to focus on.

Quote:
1. how to find a purpose that brings me in depth knowledge and proficiency

Have you considered you can activate the PhotoReading book to answer that. Superread and dip page 24.

Quote:
2. how does change in purpose changes the result.

How does it not. If someone reads the same book for a different reason, do you doubt they would find significant information related to their purpose?

You get 30 people read a two page article and ask them to find a sentence that explained the whole article to them in a meaningful way to them you will have at least 18 different sentences.

Quote:
, but then how will superreading and dipping help me distract my mind from the destist preparing for root canal? and where do I go to superread and where do I dip in such scenario?

That is a rather poor example. To be distracted you can read anything. That's why people don't care how old the magazine is, If they want to be distracted they just read, or count holes in the wall in front of them or chew off their fingernails.

If you're purpose is to be distracted you can just look at the pages of the book. You won't remember anything anyway by the time you leave the chair. Traditional reading works the same.

Alex