A request for guidance please?, Which paraliminals would help eradicate flashes of annoyance or anger and subsequent counterproductive behaviour (in uncalm effort to remedy the problem at hand)? With my kids. With my parents.

I’m not easily pushed over the edge in general, but I have young defiant independent curious kids and overly helpful stubborn parents, neither of whom listen to what I say at times. It’s no fun having to say something 57 times and still be ignored, especially when it’s about something important (health, safety, well-being etc). I don’t enjoy not staying cool, nor the consequent effects on all my good relationship building efforts. Getting angry sucks.

It doesn’t happen often and I’m told from independent sources I’m far cooler than others might be, but this remains a problem for me as I want to hold a higher standard for myself and be a good role-model for my kids (as well as kinder to well-meaning aides). I want to be and stay consistently more resourceful regardless of what other challenges I may or may not be going through.

My aim is to be SuperSkillful as a kind resourceful supportive and loving parent as I raise my children to fully engage in, enjoy and thrive in this journey called life, and ultimately equip them such that they cherish being the best they can be and fulfill their highest radiant potential.

I have a lower level of responsibility towards my parents obviously, but in essence similar sentiments would be nice as a daughter.

Any thoughts?

A.

Last edited by Annabella; 10/24/17 10:38 PM.