I know exactly what you mean! That's why I decided to learn feng shui directly from a master.

If you want to determine the facing direction of your house you should measure the direction of your main door as explained in level 3.

I think the recommendation to measure from the centre is an error that was overlooked. The allocation of the stars starts in the centre of the grid, maybe that's the reason why the information got mixed up. Or Marie measures the location of the door from the centre to determine the sector in which the door is located - and then someone typed facing direction and no one realised the mistake. I looked into the material of several different schools and not one measures the facing direction from the centre of the home!

Therefore, I recommend you stick to the directions of level 3 to determine your home's facing direction. A door can face SW3, for example, but be located in the West or South of the house. The star chart is still SW3. If your door is located in the West facing SW3 then the stars of the West are more dominant in the front door area than the stars of the facing direction SW3. If your front door faces SW3 and is also located in the SW area then the SW stars are particularly strong because location and direction come together in the same area.