Oh, Ranchor! I am so glad to help you, to be useful. Thank you loads for letting me know I was of some help to you! I am so glad. Thanks to LearningStrategies for this forum!!!
Letting Go, me, the film - it only proves that when you look for - you find! You are so clever!

Your questions to me are beyond Learning Strategies (at least what I know of them), however loads of answers are actually there in their methods! Therefore I hope they will not mind me answering here. And, please forgive my English, it is not my first language.

I am happy to admit, that I learned a lot from others. I mean, it is positivie in that you can learn much yourself if what I write here for you is not (clear) enough.
My life got devastated, it was not life, it was a war and I was loosing. I started investigating how to change it...

A child's mind works diffrently than an adult's one. A child's mind is always in <3<../theta levels (ie. subconscious), whereas adult's - in beta (ie. conscious; unless they sleep or meditate). That's why children learn so fast - all goes directly to their subconscious! And if it doesnt seem that they learn so fast, please realise how much is there for them to learn. They know nothing about the world. They know nothing about their own room. They still have to realise that their nails grow! They are bombarded with new stuff! Their parents or closest carers are most important and the only and all there is. Parents are the authorities, nothing else counts, all the parents say/do is the truth, all they say/do happens in the child's life. The child's brain soaks it like a sponge. At this time, parents are like wizards who cast spells on their children. Positive and negative. Directly (eg. "Naughty girl!" meaning she is a bad person) or indirectly (eg. raws between parents making a child scared, or using a given accent ). Again, a child knows nothing else than parents. A child will not get up, slam the door and go away when they do not like their parents' rows...
Please notice, often when mum/dad is stressed, the child starts crying. Children do not understand words but they understand emotions/energy. Also, children could remember words and could understend them only later. So trauma could be caused later.

My guess is that another way that parents' emotions are embodied into their children is simply genetics. Parents' belives change their genes, then we inherit these genes.

Summing up: Yes, I think there are most of our parents'/carers' emotions that affect most of our being; even when they are not with us the lack of them/emptiness influences a child greatly. Yes, we subconsciously inherit most of their patterns, because they are our authorities, they are close, they raise us, they are with us most of the time, they are decisive. Other such authorities could be teachers and people that are authorities for our parents, and - depending on the depth of your religion - priests/nuns.

Now I try to answer "are we affected by the energy of our parents now in real time (particularly if we spend a lot of time with them) and may find ourselves drained or changed accordingly by this?"

As far as I read, we leave the state of constant <3<../theta when we are 12 years of age or so, depending on the source. I guess this is why then we question what we have been told, we try our own ways. We could be rebellious. I guess this is when we start to be less and less affected by the energy/authority of our carers. We respect them, but we do not "soak them in" any longer; the knowledge goes through my conscious mind now. The power they still have over me, comes from the events/emotions in my childhood, they inprinted it into my conscious mind. Once I let go/cleared a stress from my childhood, I dared to say to my dad calmly "Do not use this tone when you talk to me". It seems to me, that if they want to get some new power now (that I'm an adult) - and they want to do it directly through to my conscious mind - it must be a traumatic event for me.

Any traumatic event has a power to go to subconscious mind directly (I guess that's why they are called traumatic or life-changing).

Learning Strategies pay great attention to your subconcious mind. I'm not sure they say that, but it is a well know fact: subconscious governs 95% of your life.

I guess, a question arises now: how much me is in me? smile
I hope it goes this way: I am going to Let Go of all stuff I do not like in me. Then I will use Paraliminals to imprint what I want. Or my Natural Brilliance will come up instantly. It will be all me one day!

All the best to you! You already posses it! smile