Hi 4space,

you don't need to worry about the expression "Fire at Heaven's Gate" - it is a literal translation of the original Chinese term and I can try to explain its meaning:

This star combination consists of the stars 6 and 9. The star 9 belongs to the fire element and the star 6 belongs to the metal element. The star 6 also represents the father or mentor or heaven - please be aware that this is Chinese symbolism. Fire (number 9) is able to melt metal (number 6), therefore this star combination is called Fire at Heaven's Gate. If you place still water in the South corner of your South bedroom you should be fine. According to my experience, it is even better to use earth element instead of water to calm down this combination because earth reduces fire and strenghtens metal, whereas water weakens metal and extinguishes fire. Therefore, I prefer the earth element because I am then able to leverage the good effects of star number 6.

What effects this combination MIGHT have? ... well, I think it has more effect on men than on women, it might lead to lung problems for old men, it might also lead to conflict between son and father. BUT it is usually only triggered by large poison arrows from the outside (not bookshelves on the inside). If you have a family where the father or the son or both are a bit hot-headed and have conflicts with each other, then I would definitely cure this combination.

You really don't need to be concerned - the rather drastic name derives from the elements of the stars and it is a bit exaggerated. I have this combination at home, too. And it's effect is rather small compared to the disaster stars or conflict stars. Therefore, I think Marie Diamond neglected it in the level 3 manual. The big negative effects come from the stars 2, 5 and 3 (and 7 if triggered) and it's really a good idea to cure these stars.

All the best,
Astrid

Last edited by astrid; 06/29/18 10:54 AM.