Originally Posted by 4space

I had heard or read somewhere that lots of fire colors or burning candles in the Northwest representing Heaven can have very negative consequences and is like putting Fire at Heaven's Gate and that is why I was concerned about having Fire at Heaven's Gate on my master bedroom.

Hi 4space,

Fire at heavens gate refers to an oven in the Northwest. I doubt that fire colours or candles alone will have an effect. The oven stands for nourishing the family and traditionally represents the father of the house who was the breadwinner. If the oven is located in the North West - the direction which represents the father and or heaven then the heat of the oven could burn up the father's energy. That is the story behind this combination. But I would not put too much emphasis on it - it may just be Chinese superstition. I have seen several kithchens and ovens in the Northwest sector of a house and not one triggered Fire at Heavens Gate because the father of the family was thriving.

Please relax a bit around such dramatic names, it's the Chinese way of naming things and often traditional FengShui gets mixed with superstition.

Good luck,
Astrid