Hi Astrid,

According to the level 4 course manual, divination is an indication of what you might attract from the 81 different combinations of the Mountain and Water Stars and a description of all these are all listed in the level 4 manual. Nothing to do with dowsing or dowsing rods! In my course notes I have from when I did a Feng Shui course in the house of Master Boon Yap, daughter of the late Grand Master Yap Cheng Hai, who I think may have been one of Marie's teachers, interestingly, the description for the 6-9 combination is son against father, poison arrows from the adjacent environment causes “Fire burning the Heavenly Gate”, contest against authority etc. and for the 4-7 the description is arguments and marital problems. I don't have any poison arrows from the adjacent environment.

Ok, found it! In the level 1 course, Marie mentions the fire element in the Northwest can cause problems as fire melts metal and this is putting “Fire at Heaven’s Gate”. Marie also tells the story of a lady burning blue candles in the North caused the lady lack of focus and anxiety. The fire from the candle overwhelmed the blue water color of the candle. The fire element is quarantined from the North and Northwest of my property.

My experience over the years is the stars usually effect in the minimum time it takes to be affected by them so I do what I can to avoid the negative stars and star combinations etc.