Thank you Dana Hanson for the quick reply......that answered a lot of my questions.

I have few more questions and the book i'm using now is a "General Knowledge" book packed with lot of information with only a little to discard.So i'm using the activation technique "Rapid Reading". Is that the correct way to activate these kind of books?

Also during activation should i just read through the book for 30 minutes without re-reading and trying to learn OR i should learn each info by re-reading the same sentenced again and again?
What i actually doing as of now was, i rapid read the text quickly without re-reading and after 4 activations i can recall some of the information to mindmap,but only from the first sections of the rapid read activation section.For example i rapid read a particular chapter for 20 minutes and after 4 or 5 activations i can only recall what i rapid read in the first 5 minutes.Should i cut down the activation time to 5 to 10 minutes or am i doing something wrong? (Or the book GELs after a lot more activation of 20 30 minutes?

(Forgive me, English is not my First Language....I hope i'm explaining well)

Thank you