I've been doing one hour of active exercises daily for a week. I've been feeling good otherwise, except I get some lower back pain. I can live with it, but I just have some concerns if it's safe in the long run.

Related to this: I have heard from another qigong teacher that I (or anyone with structural issues and bad posture. I have sway back and scoliosis) shouldn't do qigong movements before getting posture fixed. And that would traditionally be done by just training the standing postures for a long time. I haven't had the patience for that. I know in SFQ there's a of talk about how anyone can do it, and I hope so. I've just been concerned with getting this lower back pain, which is one the things the other teacher warned about, that doing the movements with improper posture could over time lead to problems with straining or parts of the body overheating.

I'm intending and hope to continue with doing the active exercises. I'm just wondering if anyone here would have opinions about this issue. If all the hype is true then I suppose this shouldn't be an issue since so many people have been doing SFQ and I haven't seen any complains.