Hi, I'm new to these forums and just started the PhotoReading home study course about 3 weeks ago. I had a few questions if anyone had any experience and could help me out.

So, when I'm activating using super reading/dipping, or skittering, or even rapid reading for that matter, am I supposed to be consciously "getting" anything from the process? Like, is the material supposed to seem familiar at this point? Cause so far, it doesn't. I have yet to have that "gelling" experience I've heard about, and my comprehension of the material is not very high.

Also, am I supposed to be subvocalizing as I scan down the paragraphs? Can I be? I guess I'm just so indoctrinated by the "elementary reading" style that I feel like I can't understand anything unless I'm recognizing the meaning of, and saying the words in my head as I go. Otherwise though, I really don't get anything from just moving my eyes across the words quickly.

Lastly, with creating a mind map, how am I supposed to do this if I have no comprehension of the book yet? If mind mapping is a method of activation, and by the time you come to this step all you have are trigger words and questions, are we just relying on spontaneous activation (like it just occurs to us as we try to make the mind map)? Or are we skimming through chapters, finding bold headings, using the table of contents, etc. to create it?

Thank you for any advice you guys have, and have an awesome day!

James