I've photoread a 500 page Kindle ebook and activated it in 20 minutes and got the comprehension I wanted.

This occured several times in a row for me with different books.

Then I photoread a 390 page book and it was five separate books in one. It was about writing. It took 2 hours and I still don't have to comprehension I wanted.

I felt that it was too pack with information;so I when was activating instead of super reading and dipping the table of contents ; I'd look at the TOC and try to logically guess what I needed to know.

And instead of super reading and dipping I'd start reading in random areas ; then I thought it best to go from beginning to end of the chapters in the book. I started activating towards the end and planned to go through the beginning.

There was a lot of depth of knowledge; and I know my issue can be summed up as poor activating skills -notably super reading and dipping ;but I felt so overwhelmed with the massive amount of information that I thought I'd never achieve the comprehension I want .

How do you activate something that's just jammed packed with information, examples, and bullet points etc.?

When photoreading works for me l; I'm super reading and dipping the TOC; I'm super reading and dipping pages finding where I need to read and I'm not reading whole paragraph as I find that author tend to; put information in the first sentence of a paragraph, put supporting sentences in the middle the summarize in the ending sentence. The author's train of thought - though authors may differ I found this to be true for most books. It feels as though I'm being led to the answers I usually pick one question to ask ; and then one such as "what else do I need to know?

Should I have post viewed the five books I just did the first book though I went through (glossed by ) TOC of the whole thing.

What should I have done?

And finally novels I can rapid read a novel and I'd be making great time where I feel I can enjoy the novel and be done with it quick.

There was a book "Whale Talk" where I was rapid reading and I wasn't really reading the novel consciously but I was seeing the story. Yes I remember the main character TJ Jones and the whole first swim meet etc. But for some reason I put the novel down.

And now whenever I pick up a novel or piece of it's as if I can't rapid read them, and it feels as it would be impossible to finish them and I just see a blur of words passing by.

Also I don't remember my purposes, and I can't remember the books I photoread just a little of some from my more successful photoreading experiences.

So how can remember and get the comprehension I desire?

I also don't always make mind maps but when I see them they work for me. But recently one was so packed with information I didn't remember everything on it but they're other mind maps where thinking about it brings the information back -maybe because it's a chess mind map.

Oh and I like to make digital mind maps and to be honest the mind maps I remember were on paper.

How can I remember them?

Anyways I hope this novel of a post is fine with you. Lol.