Well, from your post it is apparent to me that conscious understanding is what would make you feel most confident and comfortable at this point with progressing with the course. That is, you have expressed a desire to be conscious of your results. It is also apparent that this coach did not effectively address your concerns, as you are posting about them here.

I would contact the coach again and say tell her that what she said for you didn't do the trick. She obviously did not do her job effectively. Honestly, I hate that "it's working but you don't realize it" line. Question: how specifically do you know that it is working even though I am not aware of it? If the person cannot answer that question with sensory specific evidence, chances are they are just stumped or talking out of their behinds.

Perhaps doing a little Q and A would help tease out possible effects the course has had for you and enable you to become more conscious of its effects. There is a chance that it isn't doing much for you now, and then the conversation could turn to how to help you have more of the kind of experience with it that you want.

Frankly, my experiences with the course have, in general, been positive, but I am not focusing on material abundance or gains directly. I see the course as starting at a more basic level than "I want a car." That is, what is it about having that car that you want? What is it that you get or have or experience (or whatever) from having a car? How can you have this experience more directly? That is, even without the car. And, what is it like to witness the process and the level of consciousness from which all things in your life automatically manifest? Everything in and around you right now is a manifestation of your consciousness. You're already doing it. Your body is a direct manifestation. The environment in which you live is a direct manifestation. Your feelings and thoughts on a daily basis are a manifestation....

The course is about awareness ... so, I would listen to the tapes. Conscious involvement is not bad, and being totally unconscious regarding a process is not always good.

Whether you are doing something consciously or unconsciously, it is YOU that is doing it. So go ahead and listen to the course.

Chances are you need more info.