I am confused.

If you read my post as an argument against unconscious learning, that wasn't my intention.

I have no idea as to the scope of its limits or potentials. And, of course, the path of unconscious learning is certainly possible. However, there might not be a lot of conscious evidence available during this process.

Sometimes in order to learn we need to get out of our own way and be unconscious of the process, including evidence of progress.

But if I read you correctly, this was your very complaint: that you were uncertain because you couldn't see results.

Yes, we do learn things without being aware of the fact that we are learning them. Does that statement address your concerns adequately? If so, then why did you post?

It might be adequate for you to simply to decide to allow the unconscious learning process to occur without the need for conscious understanding or interference. If this is so, then simply decide to do so. Give yourself a time limit, at the end of it, check in and judge.

If, however, you have a nagging doubt and want it addressed, then perhaps pointing you in the direction of a more consciously oriented approach would be helpful.

[This message has been edited by babayada (edited April 16, 2004).]