Interesting reply, babayada. I'll save that one to my documents. And generally speaking, I do agree with you. But to judge has several meanings:

1) to form an opinion through careful weighing of evidence and testing of premises
2) to sit in judgement
3) to determine or pronounce after inquiry and deliberation
4) to govern or rule
5) to form an estimate or evaluation of
6) to hold as an opinion

When I talked about judging myself, as if it were something undesirable to do, I meant it as pronouncing CONDEMNATION. I have learned how to forgive and not judge (condemn) others, but I neglected to extend that same courtesy to myself. This only served to hurt instead of help me.

Now, with the help of the Self-Esteem Supercharger and Personal Genius, I have come up with ideas on how to successfully do this. Now, I feel as if I'm experiencing on a daily basis, the happiest moments of my childhood, because I'm giving myself moment-by-moment praise, cheerful support, and appreciation in all things.

I figure if God sees fit to forgive me, then who am I not to do the same? And if He says that He won't judge (condemn) me if I don't judge (condemn) others, then who am I to still judge (condemn) myself?

Self-control is one thing, but self-abuse and neglect is another. Subjecting myself to such treatment would only stymie my personal evolution, and prove a disservice to not only myself, but the world, because I would not be fit to fully effect my mission in life to the most powerful degree.

This reasoning has worked quite well for me. I understand that some of these beliefs may not be held by other members of this forum, but that's okay. I'm not here to debate that. I'm just letting you know what works for me.

[This message has been edited by SHEANIMA (edited September 18, 2004).]