That sounds like a very interesting experience, you described there. Very cool!

Don't know if you have heard of Huna.
A Huna technique can be used for this too, when you've accidentally hurt yourself, in a minor or major way.

Basically, you make the same physical movement but you 'miss' the bed frame, or whatever it is you hit, and you make it a close call purposely, (but not hitting your foot again! ).

I'll explain:
One time I was stabbing a potatoe with a fork, which is what I do before baking it.
I missed the potatoe and hit the top of my finger instead. I immediately put the potatoe aside, and started deliberately stabbing the cutting board very close to my finger, just missing it. You do this as soon as possible, very important, after the accident occurs. I also said to myself while just missing my finger, "I'm okay, but it was close". This tells your subconscious, which is the (master decider of how you heal, what you look like, etc, as we know) that you actually never hit your finger in the first place.
I wrapped it up, noticing briefly that some skin was gone, but otherwise not giving my attention to it. It was healed completely in about an hour, no blood. The only barrier in how effective this is, is your fullblown faith that it works.

But I'm still going to try the Feeling exercise the next time I hit my knee against the desk and I get that non-injury, but pain type of accident. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Steve

quote:
Originally posted by adbsteve:
I had an experience with the Feeling Exercise that was unusual for me. Sunday, I was walking around my house barefoot and stubbed my toe hard. I hopped around whooping with pain. For what ever reason I thought at that moment to do the exercise. I focused easily on the sharp pain in my toe and some feelings of swirling in my head and body. When I asked to experience the energy and power in the feelings things shifted almost immediately. What I would describe as moderately intense pain changed to a sensation like two pulsing currents of electricity going in opposite directions on both sides of my toe bone. The color of my toe about as quickly started turning to its natural color from the reddish color it had been. I felt no pain after that. It was almost as if I hadn't stubbed toe.

I'd been practicing the exercise for a couple of weeks before this, mainly with emotions. This was the first time I had the opportunity with physical pain. I had no expectation that doing the exercise would change what I felt in my toe but it really did.

It was really easy for me to feel love, appreciation, and even gratitude to for the feeling, the power in the feeling, and for the whole experience. What a great course.