I agree people invent or re-invent terms and confuse rather than clarify. There is a lot of stuff in this course I find contradictory. A lot of stuff I just plain do not believe in or believe is hokey new-age nonsense. However I still see value in the program.

What I mean is that the feeling exercises are designed, I think, to have you just be. You don't get caught up in feeling you have to do anything or being reactive. Personally, I have found that the more I practice the feelings exercise, the more calm and less reactive I am.

The course contains material that supports simply being as well as material that supports doing or actively pursuing goals.

Goal setting can be a trap. So can just sitting around and doing nothing. My point is that it is a matter of extent rather than absolutes. You know? So, spending time doing the feeling exercise is good and spending time setting and pursuing your goals is good. You just need to establish a balance between the time spent on the two.

Some people choose an active approach to life. To them doing is the best thing in the world. To others, being is the best thing in the world. They just want to be in the moment, without desires or fears knocking them off their center.