Hi Trader027:

I'm no expert on this course but I am a big believer in goals. I was surfing around on the Learning Strategies sites to see what else was up and found your good questions.

I set three Global goals, 9 Master goals and then about 10 specific or targeted goals that I know I want to accomplish in the near future (I put a target date next to these) and I can cross them off when they are done. I have my goals in my computer so they are easy to modify if I need to and I print them out and keep them in my time planner. I read my goals every morning as I organize my agenda for the day. Often as I am reading them I will find that a little voice inside my head is resisting a goal or saying that I can't reach that goal. That's a powerful moment and I spend some time releasing that fear or looking at alternatives so that I am fully aligned with the goal before I move on.

It is common knowledge that people who set and write down goals are more "successful". I am very successful due to my discipline for setting goals and managing my priorities and time. There are so many distractions that it is too easy to get off task. If a ship doesn't know what port it is sailing to then it will likely wind up somewhere else. Alex's advice to make sure you set the goals you really want/need is pure gold. For me to really know this I need to keep my goals front and center each day. Find a system that works for you and stick with it and improve it as time marches on.

Happy Goal Hunting,
Agent B