It was almost a year ago, that I went to the LSC retreat that was the basis for the AFL course. There were 8 exercises in advance of the retreat to help you develop 6 goals for the retreat.

I was getting ready to do a Goal Setting and Strategy Planning, and Activity Scheduling so that I could manage the several areas of my life that I'm currently working on. As I prepared for this effort I retrieved a journal I kept for the retreat and others items. In it I found my two (not six) goals I had for the retreat.

One was of those goals was to raise my level of mastery of PRing to a very high level. The other was to increase my ability to connect with, communicate with and influence people. During the retreat and immediately after I had a lot of success with the second goal, and had forgotten about it and moved on.

While at the retreat, I gained guidance I have been following ever since the retreat. I have been working towards this goal and supplementing work on my PRing goal with my other activities. The PRing has fallen from number one to maybe number 3 or lower. However, I know that everything I'm doing now is of direct value for my PRing goal.

Anyways, it was the communication goals I wanted to talk about. When I saw the goals I had set I remembered the feelings I no control or power I often felt in those communication / negotiating situations. When I remembered those feeling I said "Wow, I've come a long way. I've done almost everything on that list". That the really neet thing, I hadn't been looking to work on that goal, but by following my internal guidance I've have been fulfilling it.

When I reflect on the two goals I'd set, it's the communications goal that has the potential for the greatest personal richness. It is the one that has been achieved first, eventhough my conscious mind had placed it second.

Getting back to the guidance (internal) that I received at the retreat. I've followed that guidance. Initially it was with a strong pursuit of re-experiencing something I had felt at the retreat. About a week ago I experienced that sensation for the first time, while involved in the activities identified by my guidance.

So this may not be the billion dollar win-falls that some people expect to find when they start AFL. Also, I'm not saying that you can't find that within AFL. What I'm saying is that by going through the material at the retreat and following the resulting guidance, my life has become much more rich.

I don't know what value this may have for anyone, but I've always found that sharing has provided me with great rewards.

You are perfection.
Iam2